閉じる

確認

マイプランに追加されました。マイプランを見ますか?

> sightseeing spots > Hall with Lion Statue (Old Naoetsu Bank Building)

Hall with Lion Statue (Old Naoetsu Bank Building)

In September of 1888, this former Bank of Naoetsu was established as a savings institution under the name of "Naoetsu Sekijin Kinkou," with capital of 100,000 yen.
The bank buildings were purchased from the head of a shipping business, Yamazawa Yorozaru (the former foreign minister Yoshizawa Kenkichi's father), in about Taisho Era 7 (1918). The buildings were later moved to the present address of Chuo 3-chome, where it operated until recently.
The appearance of the remaining building is an irregular pentagon featuring three small roofs with white tiles on the outer walls. There is a large firewall surrounding of red bricks surrounding the buildings, within which is the large safe in use at the time, a wooden counter, and a German-made ceiling fan and a wall clock left as they were years ago.
Finally, in front of the building stands a powerful lion statue, which at the request of Takahashi Tatsuta was produced by Ogawa Yuhiro of Kashiwazaki City, as a replica of the lion statue in front of Tokyo Mitsukoshi department store.

This location is part of these courses


detail information

Name of places: Hall with Lion Statue (Old Naoetsu Bank Building)
Address: 3-7-31 Chuo, Joetsu-shi, Niigata
Traffic access(train): By Tokimeki Tetsudo: 15 minute walk from Naoetsu Station on the Myoko Haneuma Line
Traffic access(bus): By Kubiki Bus: 5 minutes from the Chuo Nichome bus stop
Traffic access(car): By Hokuriku Expressway: 10 minutes from the Joetsu IC exit.
By Joshinetsu Expressway: 15 minutes from the Joetsu Takada IC exit.
Tel: 025-544-6238
Contact Joetsu City Cultural Promotion Division between 8:30~17:15 on weekdays excluding New Years holidays (December 29~January 3)
Fax: 025-526-6904
Joetsu City Cultural Promotion Division
Business hours: 10:00~17:00
(9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. on days of the Sanpachi morning market)
For event:9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
more imformation:Please ask Joetsu City Cultural Promotion Division.
Average time to see: 30min
Holidays: Can be opened specially with a prior appointment.
Please call the Joetsu City Culture Promotion Division (025-526-6903) three days before the requested date.
Fee: Free admission
Car parking: Free parking for 170 cars
Please use Funami Park parking lot.
Link outside: Hall with Lion Statue (Old Naoetsu Bank Building)
Facility: Wi-Fi unavailable

places

Share this page

Share