Ogawa Mimei birth place
Ogawa Mimei (Kensaku), known as the "Japanese Hans Christian Andersen", was born in this very place in April 1882. He is called the father of Japanese children's literature. There is a monument with the inscription 'Ogawa Mimei birth place' written by Jyoji Tsubota in April 1975, which was built by the Takada culture administration.
|Name of places:||Ogawa Mimei birth place|
|Address:||98-3, Saiwai cho, Joetsu, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||A 15-min walk from Takada Station on the Echigo Tokimeki Railway.|
|Traffic access(bus):||A 5-min walk from 'Saiwai cho' bus stop on the Kubiki bus line.|
|Traffic access(car):||A 10-min drive from the Joetsu IC exit on the Hokuriku Expressway.
A 10-min drive from the Joetsu Takada IC exit on the Joshin-etsu Expressway.
Available over the phone between 8:20 am and 5:15 pm (except Dec. 29 through Jan.3)
|Average time to see:||5min
|Car parking:||no parking|
About Ogawa Mimei
- Iwanohara Vineyard Co., Ltd.
- Mimei Ogawa Literature Museum
- Kasugayama Shrine
- Kanayasan Park
- Kobo Natural Spring Water Park
- Kobayashi Kokei Memorial Museum of Art, Kobayashi Kokei Historic Residence
- Sakaguchi Memorial Hall
- Joetsu City History Museum
- Japan Ski Origins Musuem
- Ningyo Densetsu Koen (Mermaid Folktale Park)
- Maejima Memorial Museum
- Yoshitomo Yoko-o Memorial Hall