Old Imai Dye Shop
The former Imai Dyeing Shop is a townhouse building ("machiya") representative of Edo era Takada townhouses, built in late Edo period . It is one of the oldest "machiya" type constructions still existing in Takada.
Characteristically, the building is built low, and the gentle, sloping roof is representative of such townhouses in the Edo period. The "gangi" covered walkways are of the old fashioned "built-in" type.
The valuable building retains much of it's original form, and it's former life as a dying shop can still be seen in its construction.
City designated cultural property (august,2019)
|Name of places:||Old Imai Dye Shop|
|Address:||5-5-7 Omachi, Joetsu-shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||Take the Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myoko Haneuma Line to Takada Station. From there it's 10 minutes walk.|
|Traffic access(bus):||Take the Kubiki Bus to Honcho 6 chome and from there 5 minutes walk.|
|Traffic access(car):||By Hokuriku Expressway: 20 minutes drive from Joetsu IC Exit.
By Joshin-etsu Expressway: 15 minutes drive from Joetsu Takada IC Exit.
Contact: Joetsu City Cultural Promotion Division
Telephone Assistance: 8:30 to 17:15 (except Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and December 29 to January 3)
Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays(except December 29 - January 1)
|Average time to see:||30min
Guests can receive a tour by a townhouse ("machiya") guide.
|Holidays:||Please call us before the preferred date. Joetsu Cultural Department 025-526-6903|
|Car parking:||Free parking space for 20 vehicles (Winter season: 14 vehicles)|
Old Imai Dye Shop
|Facility:||Wi-Fi not available|
- Iida Tei (Mansion)
- Oike Ikoi no mori park visitor center
- Kazamaki Shrine
- Kasuga Shrine Honcho 1
- Gangi Dori (covered walkways)
- Old Kanazu Kentaro Wooden Bucket Shop
- Former Division Commander's Official Residence
- Goze Museum Takada
- Sakaki Shrine
- Morning Market (Shiku no Ichi)
- Joetsu Marine Fishing Center
- Joetsu City History Museum
- Jyoukouji Temple
- Zuisen-ji Temple
- Takada jo sanju yagura (Takada Castle Three-story-Turret)
- Takada Castle Site Park
- Takada Sekai-kan (Movie Theater)
- Takada Machikado Koryukan (formerly Takada branch of Daishi Bank)
- Morning Market (Nishichi no Ichi)
- Hyakunen Ryotei Ukiyo
- Maejima Memorial Museum
- Takada Komachi Exchange Hall (Old townhouses)
- Mitsuzouin Temple (Yoneyama Yakushi Bettouji)
- Musee Yuki Komachi
- Ryogonji Temple
- Region Plaza Joetsu