Morning Market (Sanpachi no Ichi)
The morning market in Naoetsu was started by the youth association Shimbashi-ku, as the area was known at the time. When the market started in 1911, it was held on days containing a "5" and "9", but the following year the days were changed to "3" (san) and "8" (pachi).
There are no "gangi" awnings as in Takada, so the market enjoys a wide open feeling due to the wide street.
The street itself runs to the ocean, and is fondly called "Sanpachi Street" after the days the market is held.
There are shops and stalls filled to the brim with vegetables and groceries, dried foods, unusual seafood and processed items, as well as fresh fish fired locally.
This location is part of these courses
|Name of places:||Morning Market (Sanpachi no Ichi)|
|Address:||2 and 3 chome, Chuou, Joetsu-shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||By Tokimeki Tetsudou: 15 minute walk from Naoetsu Station on the Myoko Haneuma Line|
|Traffic access(bus):||By Kubiki Bus: 5 minute walk from "Central 2 Chome" Bus Stop|
|Traffic access(car):||By Hokuriku Expressway: 10 minutes from the Joetsu IC exit
By Joshinetsu Expressway: 20 minutes from the Joetsu Takada IC exit
|Tel:||Tourism Promotion Division: 025-526-5111|
|Fax:||Tourism Promotion Division: 025-526-6113|
|Business hours:||Market opens from 7:00 am to noon on the 3rd, 8th, 13th, 18th, 23rd and 28th of each month|
|Average time to see:||30min
|Car parking:||Funami Park parking lot (free)|
- Morning Market (Ichinohi Ichi)
- Umi Terrace Nadachi
- Oshima Aozora Market
- Morning Market (Shiku no Ichi)
- Shunsai Koryu Kan Arurun Batake (Shunsai Market)
- Arurun no Mori, Shoku to Nou no Theme Park (Food and agriculture themed food court)
- Morning Market (Nishichi no Ichi)
- Hanadate Hot Springs and Fireside Hall
- Fukudaira Nagasaka Vegetable Market
- Fureai Vegetable Market (JA Nadachi Branch)
- Road Station: Yoshikawa Touji no Sato ("Master Brewer Town")
- Miyazawa Kuri Noen (Miyazawa Chestnut Plantation)
- Yamamoto Budoen (Yamamoto Vineyards)
- Yukidaruma Local Products Center