> our recommendation to see > 高田のまちあそびコース

高田のまちあそびコース

need約5時間. to see

情緒ある高田のまちで遊んでみてください。

せっかく上越市に来たのなら、「続日本名城100選」にも選ばれた高田城跡を訪れてみてください。
高田地区へちょっと一足伸ばしてみませんか?

Joetsu Aquarium Umigatari90min. to stay

Joetsu  Aquarium Umigatari

海と人との新しい物語がはじまります。あなたはきっと、海の不思議に夢中になる。きっと、見たことのない美しさに心をうばわれる。きっと、上越市の海とまちをもっと好きになる。訪れる人の数だけ物語が生まれる場所。それが、うみがたり。

about 20 minutes by car

Takada Castle Site Park20min. to stay

Takada Castle Site Park

高田城址公園は、徳川家康の六男・松平忠輝公の居城として築城された高田城の跡に整備された公園で、全体が新潟県の史跡に指定されています。現在の公園の地形は、旧陸軍第十三師団が入城する際、明治40年(1907年)に土塁の大半を崩して堀を埋める工事が行われたことによって出来たものとされています。公園の面積は約50haあり、市街地の中心部に位置する公園としては、全国的にも有数の規模を誇っています。園内には、復元された高田城三重櫓や総合博物館、小林古径記念美術館、高田図書館、小川未明文学館(高田図書館内)などの文化施設、陸上競技場、野球場等のスポーツ施設、岩野勇三ブロンズコーナーやブロンズプロムナード、芝生広場や外堀をめぐる遊歩道などがあり、市民の散策や憩いの場となっています。また、日本画の大家・小林古径の邸宅や、本丸と二の丸を結ぶ極楽橋も復元されています。四季を通じてさまざまな表情を見せる高田城址公園。春には桜の名所としても有名です。公園やその周辺を含めて約4,000本のソメイヨシノが咲き誇り、三重櫓とともにボンボリの灯りに照らし出される美しさは、「日本三大夜桜」のひとつに数えられています。桜の開花に合わせ、毎年「高田城址公園観桜会」(毎年4月上旬~中旬)が開催されます。また、夏にはお堀一面を埋め尽くす蓮を見ることができます。その規模と美しさから、「東洋一」と称されており、こちらもオススメです(「蓮まつり」7月下旬~8月中旬)。

about 1 minutes on foot

Takada jo sanju yagura (Takada Castle Three-story-Turret)30min. to stay

Takada jo sanju yagura (Takada Castle Three-story-Turret)

The castle was built in 1614, but burnt down in 1870. So this symbolic three-story-turret was rebuilt in 1993 as a memorial project for the 20th anniversary of the establishment of Joetsu city. When it was rebuilt, architects reviewed ancient pictures and did detailed research with paleography and further excavation, since the castle is one of the designated historical sites in Niigata prefecture. The size is almost full-scaled according to the 'Takada castle blueprint' drawn when Inaba Masamichi was the feudal lord (around 1685), and the exterior of the building was completed with reference to 'Honmaru Goten Ezu (The picture of the dungeon)' drawn when Matsudaira Mitsunaga was the lord (around 1624). In the turret, the 1st and 2nd floors have exhibitions of materials of Takada castle, and the 3rd floor has an observatory where you can enjoy a panoramic view of Takada city.

about 5 minutes on foot

Joetsu City History Museum60min. to stay

Joetsu City History Museum

The former Joetsu City Museum, opened in 1972, was recently re-opened as the Joetsu History Museum on July 21, 2018, taking advantage of its location in Takada Castle Ruins Park. A permanent exhibition room showcasing the history of the area since the Azuchi-Momoyama period has been set up with the theme of "the Capital of Echigo." Learn about the history of the three local castles, Kasugayama-jo, Fukushima-jo and Takada-jo, as well as the development of the region that has taken place thereafter. The first floor lounge, with views of the inner moat and earth fortifications of the main castle, as well as the roof deck, with views of the castle's 3-tiered turret, Mt. Myoko and Mt. Yoneyama are free of charge. The renovated cafe and gift shop is an excellent starting point for a walk through Takada Castle Ruins Park, through the town, for exploring history, or enjoying a break in the park.

about 18 minutes on foot

Gangi Dori (covered walkways)30min. to stay

Gangi Dori (covered walkways)

"Gangi" are extended eaves of the house built to ensure passage of pedestrians during the winter season.The total length of Gangi Dori is the longest existing covered alleys in Japan. This area was also used as a location for the movie, "Fumiko no Umi" (Sea of Fumiko). Along Honcho 6-chome, the old townhouses have been refurbished to become new facilities like Komachi Takada, the Goze Museum and some historical buildings like the old Imai Dye Shop, Takada Sekaikan and many more places to stop by along the covered alley.

about 1 minutes on foot

Takada Komachi Exchange Hall (Old townhouses)20min. to stay

Takada Komachi Exchange Hall (Old townhouses)

This old "machiya" or townhouse, called "Old Kotsumaya," was built in the Meiji era, but was refurbished and recreated to make this public space. You can visit the atrium and storehouse, which are the features of old townhouses in Takada.Admission is free, so please feel free totake a look around the place. It serves also as an information office and a rest area in the center of the castle town of Takada. Please take note that during events or functions, some areas of the facility may not be available for viewing.Some sweets, tea, sake, and more are for sale at Gallery1(Gallery Mise). Welcome here,

about 26 minutes on foot

高田公園

about 10 minutes by car

上信越自動車道 上越高田IC

map to access

Share this page

Share