It was chosen as #16 of Niigata's top 100 scenic places.
The water here is spring water that has formed on old sand dune layers. It is also an important habitat for aquatic plants and insects.
There are walking trails around the perimeter of the pond and one can enjoy the cherry blossoms in spring and the changing colors of the leaves in autumn.
|Name of places:||Nagamine Pond|
|Address:||Nagamine, Yoshikawa-ku, Joetsu shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||Take the JR Shin’etsu Line to Jogehama Station and from there it's 10 minutes on foot.|
|Traffic access(bus):||Take a Keihoku bus to Sakata Ike Higashi and from there it's 2 minutes on foot.|
|Traffic access(car):||10 minutes from the Kakizaki IC exit on the Hokuriku Expressway.|
|Tel:||Phone: 025-536-6707 (Kakizaki Ward General Office)|
|Car parking:||North parking lot has space for 30 vehicles. South parking lot has space for 100 vehicles.|
|Facility:||Walking course around the perimeter of the pond. Washrooms and parking available at the north and south ends.|
- Iwadonosan Myoujouin Temple
- Oma Castle Ruins
- Kasugayama Castle
- Kasugayama Castle Historic Site Plaza · Kasugayama Castle Ruins Story Museum
- Katakai Jomon Archives
- Iwanohara Vineyard Co., Ltd.
- Kobayashi Kokei Memorial Museum of Art, Kobayashi Kokei Historic Residence
- Gochi Kokubunji Temple
- Junenji 「Hama no Zenkouji」(Temple)
- Joetsu Municipal General Museum
- Joetsu Archaeological Center
- Joetsu Rekishi kan (Joetsu History Museum) Kamabuta Iseki guidance (Historical Site Guidance Center in Kamabuta)
- Jyoukouji Temple
- Takada Sekai-kan (Movie Theater)
- Takahashi Magozaemon Shouten (Takahashi Traditional Sweets)
- Maki Museum of History and Folklore
- Mizushina Tombs
- Mitsuzouin Temple (Yoneyama Yakushi Bettouji)
- Mushigawa Osugi
- Yamadera Yakushi (Healing Buddha)
- Rinsenji Shrine