Yamamoto Budoen (Yamamoto Vineyards)
Yamamoto Vineyards is located on a small hill known as "Mount Yamamoto" at an elevation of 150 meters where Uragawara and Sanwa wards meet. About 20 farmers carry out grape cultivation and direct sales, and the collective name for the seven hectares of vineyards is "Yamamoto Vineyard." The view from the garden is wonderful and you can enjoy various grape varieties such as Delaware, Campbell, Giant Peak, Muscat etc. while gazing out on the Takada Plain.
・Tasting and selling in front of the vineyards at opening time (each farmer chooses the grapes to eat).
・On-site delivery available.
・entrance is prohibited to "grape hunters" - those bringing scissors and wishing to cut their own grapes.
|Name of places:||Yamamoto Budoen (Yamamoto Vineyards)|
|Address:||Yamamoto, Uragawara ku, Joetsu-shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||Take the Hokuetsu Kyuko Hokuhoku Line to Uragawara Station. From there it's 20 minutes by taxi.|
|Traffic access(car):||40 minutes from the Joetsu IC exit on the Hokuriku Expressway.
40 minutes from the Kakizaki IC exit on the Hokuriku Expressway.
90 minutes from the Muikamachi IC exit on the Kan’etsu Expressway.
Phone: Uragawara Ward General Office Industry Group
Open between mid-August and early October. Peak season is between late August and mid-September.
|Fee:||Prices: a 1kg bag of grapes costs between ¥600 - ¥1000.|
|Car parking:||Free parking available at each picking area.|
- Morning Market (Ichinohi Ichi)
- Umi Terrace Nadachi
- Oshima Aozora Market
- Morning Market (Sanpachi no Ichi)
- Morning Market (Shiku no Ichi)
- Morning Market (Nishichi no Ichi)
- Hanadate Hot Springs and Fireside Hall
- Fukudaira Nagasaka Vegetable Market
- Fureai Vegetable Market (JA Nadachi Branch)
- Road Station: Yoshikawa Touji no Sato ("Master Brewer Town")
- Miyazawa Kuri Noen (Miyazawa Chestnut Plantation)
- Yukidaruma Local Products Center