Katakai Jomon Archives
In Nakago Ward, Joetsu City, numerous Jomon period ruins including the prefecturally-designated historical site "Kakefen Ruins" are displayed. It is a museum where you can learn about the life of people who lived in the Jomon period all while enjoying beautiful Mt.Myoko that changes with each season.
|Name of places:||Katakai Jomon Archives|
|Address:||92-2 Katakai, Nakago-ku, , Joetsu-shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||Take the Tokimeki Haneuma railway to Sekiyama Station. From there it's 40 minutes on foot. Alternately take the same train line to Nihongi Station and from there it's 50 minutes on foot.|
|Traffic access(car):||Take the Nakago IC exit on the Joshin-etsu Expressway and it's a 10-minute drive from there.|
|Average time to see:||0min
The time it takes to view the archives depends on the person. Feel free to take your time while browsing the archives.
Closed between December 1 and March 31.
|Car parking:||Free parking.|
- Iwadonosan Myoujouin Temple
- Oma Castle Ruins
- Kasugayama Castle
- Kasugayama Castle Historic Site Plaza · Kasugayama Castle Ruins Story Museum
- Iwanohara Vineyard Co., Ltd.
- Kobayashi Kokei Memorial Museum of Art, Kobayashi Kokei Historic Residence
- Gochi Kokubunji Temple
- Junenji 「Hama no Zenkouji」(Temple)
- Joetsu Municipal General Museum
- Joetsu Archaeological Center
- Joetsu Rekishi kan (Joetsu History Museum) Kamabuta Iseki guidance (Historical Site Guidance Center in Kamabuta)
- Jyoukouji Temple
- Takada Sekai-kan (Movie Theater)
- Takahashi Magozaemon Shouten (Takahashi Traditional Sweets)
- Nagamine Pond
- Maki Museum of History and Folklore
- Mizushina Tombs
- Mitsuzouin Temple (Yoneyama Yakushi Bettouji)
- Mushigawa Osugi
- Yamadera Yakushi (Healing Buddha)
- Rinsenji Shrine