閉じる

確認

マイプランに追加されました。マイプランを見ますか?

Ryogonji Temple

In 1534, in the 3rd year of the Tenbun Era, This Temple was built from the Soto sect of Buddism. The Buddist name is Hotokeyama.
Kakizaki Kageie, the Chief Secretary General of Uesugi Kenshin, opened the temple and petitioned Kenshin's Zen master Tenshitsu Kouiku to revive the Higashi Izumi Temple. Since then, for 38 generations and more than 480 years, the light of the temple has been kept alive.
The main hall was rebuild during the Edo Period, while the main gate was relocated from Kakizaki Temple.
In 2011, the main hall and the mountain gate were registered as national tangible cultural assets.

detail information

Name of places: Ryogonji Temple
Address: 2727 Imonoshima, Kakizaki-ku, Joetsu-shi, Niigata
Traffic access(train): 15 minutes by car from Kakizaki Station on the Shinetsu Honsen Line
Traffic access(bus): By Kubikino Bus: 1 minute walk from the Imonoshima bus stop
Traffic access(car): By Hokuriku Expressway: 15 minutes from the Kakizaki IC exit
Tel: 025-536-5205
Fax: 025-536-5215
Business hours: 9:00~16:00
Average time to see: 30min
Holidays: Holidays not fixed. Please check with the receptionist
Fee: ¥300 for temple stampl ("Goshuin")
Car parking: Free for 10 cars. Large bus OK.

places

Share this page

Share