Morning Market (Nishichi no Ichi)
This morning market held at Omachi 3 chome was first started in October of 1883 at the request of an officer of the army 13th division, who requested a regular market so his soldiers could have fresh vegetables when they were in Takada.
From that beginning, regular citizens started using the market, as well as people connected with the military who were often seen buying large quantities at the market.
The Nishichi Market moved to its present location in 1960, and takes place on days containing a 2 ("ni") and 7 ("shichi").
The market has been popular with visitors throughout the country who come to enjoy the flavor of local kitchens as well as the fragrance of local culture.
|Name of places:||Morning Market (Nishichi no Ichi)|
|Address:||3 Chome, Omachi, Joetsu-shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||By Tokimeki Tetsudou: 10 minutes from Takada Station on Myoko Haneuma Line|
|Traffic access(bus):||By Kubiki Bus: 3 minutes from Omachi Crossing Bus Stop|
|Traffic access(car):||By Hokuriku Expressway: 15 minutes from the Joetsu IC exit
By Joshinetsu Expressway: 10 minutes from the Joetsu Myoko IC exit
|Tel:||Tourism Promotion Division: 025-526-5111|
|Fax:||Tourism Promotion Division: 025-526-6113|
|Business hours:||Market is open from 7:00 to noon on the 2nd, 7th, 12th, 17th, 22nd and 27th of every month|
|Average time to see:||30min
|Car parking:||Fee parking available at Honcho 3, 4 and 5 chome.
A 30 minute free parking voucher can be given to those who make a purchase at the market.
- Morning Market (Ichinohi Ichi)
- Umi Terrace Nadachi
- Oshima Aozora Market
- Kazamaki Shrine
- Kasuga Shrine Honcho 1
- Gangi Dori (covered walkways)
- Old Imai Dye Shop
- Old Kanazu Kentaro Wooden Bucket Shop
- Former Division Commander's Official Residence
- Goze Museum Takada
- Sakaki Shrine
- Morning Market (Sanpachi no Ichi)
- Morning Market (Shiku no Ichi)
- Shunsai Koryu Kan Arurun Batake (Shunsai Market)
- Joetsu Municipal General Museum
- Jyoukouji Temple
- Takada Park
- Takada jo sanju yagura (Takada Castle Three-story-Turret)
- Takada Sekai-kan (Movie Theater)
- Hanadate Hot Springs and Fireside Hall
- Fukudaira Nagasaka Vegetable Market
- Fureai Vegetable Market (JA Nadachi Branch)
- Takada Komachi Exchange Hall (Old townhouses)
- Road Station: Yoshikawa Touji no Sato ("Master Brewer Town")
- Miyazawa Kuri Noen (Miyazawa Chestnut Plantation)
- Musee Yuki Komachi
- Yamamoto Budoen (Yamamoto Vineyards)
- Yukidaruma Local Products Center