Morning Market (Shiku no Ichi)
The "Shi-ku no Ichi" (4-9 Market) is open on days containing a "4" or "9" and runs next to Omachi Elementary school and adjacent to the market held on days containing "2" and "7" ("Nishichi no Ichi"). This morning market first began in August 1920, and originally ran from New Sugamachi to Sugamachi (presently Nakamachi 2-chome)..
Although the market disappeared briefly, it was restarted at its present place in 1924, where it runs today.
The site of the market, Omachi 4 and 5 chome, is known throughout town as a "gangi" street, or a street with covered walkways to protect pedestrians from snow.
The "gangi" eaves extend from each home and connect to make a passageway for walkers during times of deep snow. "Gangi" eaves were born of the warm hearts of the residents here, and can only be seen in "snow country."
During the market, stalls featuring fresh vegetables and fruits are lined up along the covered streets.
|Name of places:||Morning Market (Shiku no Ichi)|
|Address:||4 and 5 Chome, Omachi, Joetsu-shi, Niigata|
|Traffic access(train):||By Tokimeki Tetsudou: 7 minute walk from Takada Station on the Myoko Haneuma Line|
|Traffic access(car):||By Hokuriku Expressway: 15 minutes from the Joetsu IC exit
By Joshinetsu Expressway: 10 minutes from the Joetsu Takada IC exit
|Tel:||Tourism Promotion Division: 025-526-5111|
|Fax:||Tourism Promotion Division: 025-526-6113|
|Business hours:||Market is open from 7:00 am to noon on the 4th, 9th, 14th, 19th, 24th and 29th of every month.|
|Car parking:||Fee Parking is available at Honcho 3, 4 and 5 chome.
A 30-minute free parking voucher can be given to those who make a purchase at the morning market
- Morning Market (Ichinohi Ichi)
- Umi Terrace Nadachi
- Oshima Aozora Market
- Kazamaki Shrine
- Kasuga Shrine Honcho 1
- Gangi Dori (covered walkways)
- Old Imai Dye Shop
- Old Kanazu Kentaro Wooden Bucket Shop
- Former Division Commander's Official Residence
- Goze Museum Takada
- Sakaki Shrine
- Morning Market (Sanpachi no Ichi)
- Joetsu Municipal General Museum
- Jyoukouji Temple
- Zuisen-ji Temple
- Takada Park
- Takada jo sanju yagura (Takada Castle Three-story-Turret)
- Takada Sekai-kan (Movie Theater)
- Morning Market (Nishichi no Ichi)
- Hanadate Hot Springs and Fireside Hall
- Fukudaira Nagasaka Vegetable Market
- Fureai Vegetable Market (JA Nadachi Branch)
- Takada Komachi Exchange Hall (Old townhouses)
- Road Station: Yoshikawa Touji no Sato ("Master Brewer Town")
- Miyazawa Kuri Noen (Miyazawa Chestnut Plantation)
- Musee Yuki Komachi
- Yamamoto Budoen (Yamamoto Vineyards)
- Yukidaruma Local Products Center